MULTI-DIRECTIONAL TRUCK COURSE
Multi-directional trucks allow the operator to travel in any direction including diagonally without the need to turn the truck.
This enables them to operate within restricted spaces, which other lift trucks may struggle to access or turn within.
Our instructors have a vast amount of experience in delivering training for (Combi lift), and our accredited multi-directional truck training provides delegates with the skills to operate safely and efficiently.
The course includes machine familiarisation, controls, daily checks, refuelling and battery procedures, steering, load weight assessment and handling, stacking racking, awkward loads and vehicle loading, and unloading and much more.
- Novice Course(5 Day engagement)
- Refresher Course (1 day)
- Experienced Course (2-4 Days)
- Conversion Course (1 day)
- Maximum of 3 Trainees on each course
Course participants are expected to have learnt the following Theoretical skills at the end of their Course.
- Introduction & Aims
- Current Legislation, including:
- Health & Safety at Work Act Etc 1974;
- Responsibility of the operator
- Operational Safety Code – “Safety in Working With Lift Trucks”
- Basic Hydraulic & Electrical systems
- Refuelling / Recharging
- Daily Safety Checks & Maintenance
- Site Safety
- Centre of Gravity of the load & Centre of Gravity of the truck
- Capacity plates (reading & understanding.)
- Specific hazards & controls.
Course participants are expected to have learnt the following practical skills at the end of their Course.
- Controls and Instruments
- Pre-Use Inspection
- Simple Manoeuvring
- Advanced Manoeuvring
- Stacking & De-stacking (Free & Racking)
- Hydraulic System
- Weight Assessment
- Handling laden & unladen pallets
- Driving on/off ramps
- Battery care and maintenance
- Risk Assessment
- Vehicle Loading and unloading
- Practical Examinations
- You will be tested on your knowledge with both a theory test and practical examples.
- We offer In-house and ITSSAR Accredited courses