High and mid-Level Order Picker
The High Level Order Picker Truck, also known as HLOP, is used within warehousing operations, allowing operators to lift a pallet to heights of over 3 metres, where they can ‘Pick’ single or small numbers of items rather than complete pallets from racked pallets.
Courses for this truck include Novice, Experienced Operator, Refresher and conversion.
- Novice Course(3-5 Days engagement)
- Refresher Course(1 day)
- Experienced Course (2-3 Days)
- Conversion Course (1)
- Maximum of 3 Trainees on each course
Course participants are expected to have learnt the following Theoretical skills at the end of their Course.
- Introduction & Aims
- Current Legislation, including:
- Health & Safety at Work Act Etc 1974;
- PUWER & LOWER Regulation 1998
- Approve code of practice (ACOP)
- Responsibility of the operator
- Operational Safety Code – “Safety in Working With Lift Trucks”
- Basic Hydraulic & Electrical systems
- Refuelling / Recharging
- Daily Safety Checks & Maintenance
- Site Safety
- Stability Control
- Centre of Gravity of the load & Centre of the truck
- Capacity plates (reading & understanding.)
- Specific hazards & controls.
- Vehicle loading and unloading theory
Course participants are expected to have learnt the following practical skills at the end of their Course.
- Risk Assessment
- Controls and Instrument
- Pre-Use Inspection
- Basic Manoeuvring
- Advanced Manoeuvring
- Handling laden & unladen pallets
- Stacking & De-stacking (Free & Racking)
- Racking inspection
- Hydraulic Controls
- Load Assessment
- Driving on/off ramps
- Battery care and maintenance
- Risk Assessment
- Vehicle Loading and unloading
- Practical Examinations
- Available class room area for the theory and enough space for practical training
- You will be tested on your knowledge with both a theory test and practical Test.